This week has been a bit dreary here in Portland, OR. So, what better way to deal with this nasty weather than a big ol’ hearty meal that soothes the soul? I looked to my fridge and what did I spy but some left over biscuits from Father’s Day breakfast?! That would be the main ingredient for my weeknight Pot-Pie meal! I served this up to my family and my husband looked at me mid way through his second bite of the biscuit mash and said, “Babe, we must put this in our 10 day rotation because this is absolutely amaze-balls”! Ha! It is that good guys, and super duper easy!
This is what you will need:
1) Biscuits – (I used the whole wheat biscuits from Trader Joe’s)
2) 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
4) Frozen Peas
5) Frozen Sweet Corn
6) Fresh Spinach
7) Ground Turkey
8) Parmesan and Cheddar Cheese
9) Chopped Onion
12) Italian Bread Crumbs
This is How it’s Done:
1) I pre-made my biscuits ahead of time. I then sliced two of the biscuits into fourths. You could use more biscuits if you choose, this is just all I had left :) Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
2) In sautee pan heat a tbsp. of olive oil and cook onions and ground turkey. Cover with Lid.
3) After ground turkey is cooked and onion is almost translucent, add the carrots, peas and corn.
4) Next add the mushrooms and spinach.
5) Add cream of mushroom soup, one can full of milk and cheeses.
6) Spray Pie pan with Olive Oil Spray and place the biscuits. Pour cream of mushroom and vegetable mixture over the biscuits. Then add the remaining biscuits on top. Cover with Italian Bread Crumbs and Cheese.
7) Place in oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
There you have it guys; It’s that easy! And honestly, it is some seriously satisfying down home grub! It’s also kid and hubby approved. If you are ever having a bad day or it’s just yucky out, this is the dish to make!