Hi Guys! So, tonight I came home and thought, as we all have…”Hmm, what in the world am I going to make for dinner? Ughh”! That total weeknight dinner dread. I opened the fridge and I saw this bunch of asparagus I needed to use up. So, that was it, the main ingredient! I decided to whip up a quick creamy pasta (gluten and meat free) dish.
Here is what you will need and how it’s done.
- Tofurkey Veggie Italian Sausage (2 links)
- Onion chopped
- Garlic minced
- Mushrooms sliced
- Asparagus chopped
- Frozen Peas
- Half Lemon
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Goat Cheese ( I used a small crumbled container)
- Parmesan Cheese (I used about 1/4 cup)
- Cheddar Cheese (as much as I wanted ;)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Penne Pasta (I used Quinoa Pasta)
How it’s Done:
- Boil Pasta according to directions. When cooked strain and run cold water over pasta to prevent over cooking.
- In sauce pan, add olive oil and onion. Cover and simmer for a couple of minutes
- Add garlic, tofurkey sausage and asparagus to sauce pan. Allow to cook for a minute or so.
- Add frozen peas and mushrooms to sauce pan. Squeeze half lemon over top of mixture. Let heat and cook for a minute or so.
- Next add pasta, milk, cheeses and salt and pepper. Stir and add milk to mixture if starting to stick to pan.
- Voila, Done!
There you have it guys! A seriously easy, yet super delicious creamy asparagus pasta dish! This took me about 20 minutes in total and I was so relieved it turned out as tasty it was! I will certainly be adding this into our weekly routine. It was kid and parent approved! Tell me about your weekly go to dishes, what are you making this week?