Hey Guys! On Saturday morning I decided to treat ma familia to a lovely quiche breakfast. We had some veggies to use up and a frozen pie crust in the freezer, so I was all set. My hubby loves quiche and anyone who thinks real men don’t eat quiche, well think again!
Here is What you Need:
5 eggs and 2 egg whites
1/2 – 3/4 cup milk (I like mine fluffy so I use more)
Vegetables (I used red pepper, broccoli, onion, and tomato)
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Frozen Pie Crust
(I used tomatoes from our back yard :)
And here is How it’s Done:
1. Let Pie Crust Thaw at room temperature
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
3. Sautee the vegetables in a pan with Olive Oil. Add Onion first, then the red pepper and lastly the tomato and broccoli. Once cooked to your liking set aside.
4. Place pie crust in greased baking dish (I used an olive oil spray)
5. Place the fixin’s (along with the feta) in the pie dish
6. Mix eggs, milk and some salt and pepper. Pour into baking dish.
7. Cook for about 30-40 minutes, I find that each oven is very different, so monitor your quiche.
And Voila! You have instant yumminess for breakfast!
Have you tried quiche lately? What do you throw in your pie? Do you eat quiche just for breakfast or have you gone off the rails and made it for dinner?