It’s Tasty Tuesday! Yumm!! So, I used to buy the Trader Joe’s pesto all the time, but that was before I realized just how absurdly easy it is to make it yourself! I have nothing against Trader Joe’s pesto, in fact I think its scrumptious, I just realized mine was just as good, and probably healthier. All you need is a food processor or Blender and you can have home-made pesto in seconds! My pesto is a bit heartier with more veggies than the standard pesto, but this is one of the only ways I can sneak healthy nutrients past my picky 2 year old!
(Sorry for my sloppy photo! It looked so good I had to take a bite before I got the camera out ;)
Here is What I used:
1) Spinach (I have also used Kale in addition to spinach)
2) Pine Nuts
3) Parmesan Cheese (as much or little as you want)
4) 4 Garlic Cloves
5) Dash of Sea Salt
6) Red Pepper
7) 1/2 of an Onion
8) Basil (fresh or I used Basil cubes from Trader Joes as my secret ingredient)
9) Olive Oil – 1 tbsp to start and then add as you see fit
How to Prepare:
1) Sautee onions, garlic and red peppers with olive oil. Then add pine nuts for about a minute until lightly browned.
2) Place all ingredients into food processor or blender and blend.
3) Boil Pasta according to package (I used organic linguini)
4) Drain Pasta and serve Pesto over top with a dash of extra Parmesan cheese.
Voila! Easy Peasy! Seriously guys, this is the easiest thing ever, even if you aren’t much of a cook, this is totally doable! I don’t think you can mess this up even if you tried! Happy Tasting!