I was shopping around at Grocery Outlet today and I always, always, ALWAYS look at this delicious bag of egg noodles, but I never buy it. Well, today, I changed that! Tasty Tuesday started with this:
But when I came home, I had NO idea of what to do with this. I did a search and stumbled upon this Tuna Noodle Casserole on All Recipes. But as I do with everything, I took this recipe and used it for the bones and changed it up to suit what I have at the house.
What I used:
Bag of Egg Noodles
Can of Wild Alaskan Salmon
2 garlic cloves
Tillamook Colby Jack
Fat Free Milk
How to make it:
1) Pre Heat Oven to 395 F
2) Bring Water to Boil and Cook Egg Noodles for 15 minutes
3) Sautee onions until desired consistency. Throw in garlic, frozen peas, carrots and peppers. Then lastly add the mushrooms, broccoli and spinach.
4) Spray baking dish with organic olive oil spray so egg noodles don’t stick
5) Drain Noodles and Place on bottom of baking dish
6) Place Veggies on top of noodles
7) In pan bring 2 cups of milk, cheese (as much or as little as you want :) and a small amount of flour to a warm consistency, but not boiling. Continue to stir until cheese is melted. I also added salt and pepper to this mixture.
8) Poor mixture over casserole
9) Top with extra cheese and breadcrumbs
10) Bake for 30-35 minutes
Bon Appetite! This meal was surprisingly Dee-licious! I added a twist to the “typical” Tuna Noodle Casserole. Happy Tasty Tuesday!